Horn based loudspeakers why the controversy?

As just another way to build a loudspeaker system why such disputes in forums when horns are mentioned?    They can solve many issues that plague standard designs but with all things have there own.  So why such hate?  As a loudspeaker designer I work with and can appreciate all transducer and loudspeaker types and I understand that we all have different needs budgets experiences tastes biases.  But if you dare suggest horns so many have a problem with that suggestion..why?
128x128johnk
Duke my office systems running 5 -15s, pair community leviathans 4x 515b, 90d community with Altec 288,Faital pro tweeters community SQ60 horn and a 15 sub woofer. I use it at low levels nearfield everday. My Shearer horns run 4x15, my giant conicals have  pair EV 15KW. My sub bass horn 4 custom built 15s. 
I also have Moral Carbon loudspeakers SEAS best about and while those loudspeakers do have a good sound I very quickly tire of the unnatural soundstaging, the lack of mid bass impact even with subs, that forced fatiguing sound. Once you are exposed to the big horns its hard to listen to anything but. I even convinced a few sellers of such small things to run large horns in home systems.                                                                                         Horns can sound near real. I have had more than one guest ask if I had a real band playing in my audioroom as they aproached door. I have never had anyone think a standard audiophile system was the real thing only the large horns. I had a few audiopros over doing design work. During downtime between demoing results I played the big horns as back ground music even those jaded audio pros couldnt focous on work when the large horns were on they are so engaging. When designing crazy costly consumer speaker systems I can not compare to the large far more affordable horns I own since the horns are so much better. I just compare them to standard audiophile fare.
Seems to be more love for horns today I have a Facebook forum with 15k horn lovers many posts popping up even in audiogon forums on horns.    I see many popular loudspeakers sporting waveguides. Klipsch is gaining in popularity among audiophiles and music lovers. Dance systems are sporting horn loading of bass many classic horn designs have replicas available and the pro-audio market has dozens of greatly improved drivers designed just for horn loading so less need to run vintage drivers in full horn systems. I even see a few audio reviews on horn systems even if it's the sad entry-level types still I see hope ahead. 
I can easily understand why horns in the tweeter section, say from 9k up is gaining popularity, as dome tweeters just don't capture that upper ambience  producing a  sheen to the delight of the senses.
The only dome tweet I know which can compete witha  tweeter horn is the Seas Exotic T35 rated  a  TRUE 94db. 
But my guess is, ((guessing here as i've not acutally heard either the Seas T35 Exotic nor a  midrange horn, ever, neither) the midrange will be voiced far superior ina  horn mid, vs the Seas T35, So whats the point adding the Seas T35 whena  horn easily beats out the T35???
Why? 
Sensitivity
94db aint too shabby, I'll adnit Buta  horn, , most come in at 97db++\
= Higher sens always beats outa  lower sens,. 
Always.
Sens is everything.
The old probing question
**How does the speaker sound?** 
Is a  mute point.

The new 21st C question we should all be asking 
*whats the sens**
The true sens, not the fudged sens, China fudges all its speakers at least 2 points. = more sales. 
Thing is most of the good sounding horns were made in the 1960;'s american engineering. 
And they are becomming less frequent up for sale
I never thought I would ever consider a horn until I went on a 1 year speaker hunt.  After listening to 30-40 different speakers around the country ( Magico, YG, Vivid, Meridien, SF, Wilson, Eggleston, Stenhiem), I heard an AvantGarde Horn and loved the sound.  I ended up with Viking Acoustic Grande Voix dual horn speakers.  I am super happy with my purchase.  I need to look up the facebook page.