hmmm? oppo 105d content

I ended getting 105 d...in my 280 hr of run in...I don't think it works for me after having sim I 5.3 player...need more somthin...just too lean?...just not convinced enough..don't need the bell's and whistles/just redbook...
Marantz 8005 owners/or otherwise please give me a reason.
digsmithd

Showing 2 responses by sbank

Have you tried computer audio ripping your CDs and playing them thru USB output into the digital USB input on the Oppo as DAC?. Granted, choices of software and cable make a difference, but in general this idea will drastically reduce jitter and produce better results with the same music (ripped files vs. same on disc).

Running a laptop with free trial software might be worth a try before you change to another CD player. Cheers,
Spencer
Yeah, understood. It's all pretty crazy, but most agree that a good ripped CD played thru the same dac in the CD player will sound better than just spinning the disc in the drawer.

There are many threads that you can read archived here that explain in gory detail, but to summarize: just rip a CD into your mac or pc, download a trial version of audirvana+, Amarra or Pure Music. connect computer to one of the digital audio inputs of the Oppo and you can listen for yourself. Cheers,
Spencer