High end Class D amps?

Just an observation and a question. Are there 'high end' Class D amps out there that are just as good as Class A, A/B amps? I realize that's a sensitive question to some and I mean no disrespect---but whenever I see others' hifi systems on social media, all of the amps are A or A/B. There's always Pass, McIntosh, Moon, Luxman, Accuphase, etc. Where are the Class Ds? For folks out there that want more power for less efficient speakers and can't afford the uber expensive Class As, A/Bs, what is there to choose from that's close to those brands? Thanks
bluorion
NAD uses Purifi in the M33 and the C298. ATM also  uses the purifi in a couple of builds.
@atmasphere, I have not heard a recent Class D amp in my home, as of this time. What I have heard was not to my liking. I have tried a few " T " amps ( chip amps, for those who might not know ), and although was surprised, not to my liking. I would love for some manufacturer to send me one as an evaluation piece, and let me live with it for a month or two ( I do hear and respond to component break in ). I considered the XTZ Edge A2-300 at $500., but after hearing a comparison on a YT video ( Thomas and Stereo ), to a $4K Classe D200 Class D ( yes, a YT video ), I would not be happy with the XTZ. I am very patient, and I do feel any number of Class D amplifiers would bring me closer to what I am trying to achieve. Just do not want to spend much, at this time, to find out ( been there, done that ). I ALWAYS appreciate your feedback. My best, and be well ! 
@mrdecibel We managed to get our hands on an early class D amp 20 years ago. It was hard to imagine what the fuss was about- it was awful! But a lot has changed in the last 20 years and amps have gotten a lot better. But there is still room for change- you can imagine how this is so when a tiny player like ourselves can step in and get a patent! We started work on our class D amp about 4 years ago and within about 6 months it was showing promise. But we didn't start that willy-nilly; by that time there were amps out there that really convinced me that class D was the rising star of amplifier technology, and if you didn't acknowledge that fact you were going to get left behind.

Indtast din tekst ...Have played on Lyngdorf SDA-2400 with Densen preamplifier, Gato DPA-4004 Power Amplifier with DIA-400S Integrated Amplifier, which is sold again, and the setup that I just replaced was 4 Densen
B-350 monoblocks with B-275 preamplifier.
Was not dissatisfied but wanted and few more devices and stands, in my search for an all in one box I have listened to Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 and Nad M33 and have now been the owner of M33 since September and have not regretted my choice, plays very leaked and does not miss class A / B.
If class D can be said to be High end, I will not judge ...,
Sincerely
mrdecibel:" So, in a nutshell....I want to try a Class D amp. I am looking for 1, that can do all of the best things, tubes and solid state, do wonderfully ( I would say we all want this ). Black background, dynamic, fast and well tempo'd, neutral in tone, no added warmth or color, a beefy power supply ( 50 years later and I still believe in this ), a well damped, non resonant chassis ( this too, is necessary ), well, something that can make my Lascalas ( modified and tweaked, of course ) sing more than how they sing, now.. I have been strictly using solid state for the last 20 years ( no tubes for me, unless a reasonably priced unit gives me all of the above )."

Hello mrdecibel,

My opinion is that there are probably numerous new solid state class D amps currently available, as well as likely some on the used market, that would meet all of your criteria:" Black background, dynamic, fast and well tempo'd, neutral in tone, no added warmth or color, a beefy power supply ( 50 years later and I still believe in this ), a well damped, non resonant chassis ( this too, is necessary ), well, something that can make my Lascalas ( modified and tweaked, of course ) sing more than how they sing, now.."
     Unfortunately, I've not been as active in auditioning good quality class D amps over the past 6 years or so, ever since auditioning and being completely satisfied with a pair of D-Sonic M3-600-M monoblock amps that I auditioned for about a month on a free in-home trial basis and then purchased for about $2,100 at that time. These are still my main system amps, have been powered on 24/7 virtually since I first installed them and I remain very pleased with their performance, sound quality and reliability.
     I looked at your system pics, however, and I'm a bit confused.  You seem to have numerous systems shown in the pics with high quality electronics along with similarly high quality speakers that I know would place varying demands and requirements on any amp or amps driving them, specifically in terms of wattage, current and impedance demands.
     In other words, I'm not sure whether your profile system pics represent all of your system iterations over the last few decades or if the pics represent the entirety of all the very high quality audio gear that you currently still own and want to utilize.
     If it's the latter, then I'm amazed, astounded, impressed and give you a very big tip of my plumed pimp hat, that I'm currently wearing in my underpants along with my brand new leather boots, to you out of total awe, envy and respect.  I'd also advise you that I have virtually no doubt that a used pair of the D-Sonic M3-600-M monoblocks, or a new pair of their current model M3(a)-600-M amps, would perform very well driving all of the pictured speakers, even the notoriously difficult large Apogees, and would be a very good choices to audition. 
      My only caveat is that these amps probably have an excess of power, with 600/1,200 watts at 8/4 ohms, and current, about 28 amps, for your needs.  Although I haven't tried any of them yet, I also suspect that any of the newer class D amps, based on the Purifi power modules, would also likely perform very well. 
     I'm assuming  it's the former, however, due to  statements you made from your last post, that your currently looking for an amp or amps to power your pair of extremely high,105 db, efficiency Klipsch LaScala main speakers.  Given the well known ultra high efficiency as well as the very high performance quality level of your LaScalas, I literally feel an obligation to advise you to at least consider and audition a good quality tube amp with the LaScalas.  The LaScalas are ideal speakers for being driven by low powered tube amps and are even well known as being sufficiently efficient to be driven by headphone amps. 
     I'm sensing dichotomies, conflicts and a lack of clarity in your thought process about your overall system sound qualities and preferences.  On the one hand, your chosen main speakers are very high quality, highly efficient horn type speakers that are normally paired with lower powered tube amps for a resultant overall system sound character that is warm, colored to some degree, euphonic, smooth, 3-dimensional and palpable.  
     On the other hand, your stated preferred characteristics in an amp are " Black background, dynamic, fast and well tempo'd, neutral in tone, no added warmth or color, a beefy power supply ( 50 years later and I still believe in this ), a well damped, non resonant chassis ( this too, is necessary ), well, something that can make my Lascalas ( modified and tweaked, of course ) sing more than how they sing, now.."  These qualities are a good description of what to expect from a good quality class D amp.
     I'm questioning whether you're mainly interested in just trying something new, such as a class D amp, in your system or if you're certain that you prefer the typical qualities provided by a good quality class D amp: very low noise and distortion, a dead silent background, powerful, dynamic, smooth, fast, accurate and detailed that has a neutral overall presentation with no added warmth or color.
     If you're looking for these qualities, along with beefy linear toroidal transformer power supplies, I can state with certainty that either a used or new pair of D-Sonic monoblocks will provide them and I think it's highly likely that the new Purifi power module based amps are likely to as well.

Tim