High end Class D amps?

Just an observation and a question. Are there 'high end' Class D amps out there that are just as good as Class A, A/B amps? I realize that's a sensitive question to some and I mean no disrespect---but whenever I see others' hifi systems on social media, all of the amps are A or A/B. There's always Pass, McIntosh, Moon, Luxman, Accuphase, etc. Where are the Class Ds? For folks out there that want more power for less efficient speakers and can't afford the uber expensive Class As, A/Bs, what is there to choose from that's close to those brands? Thanks
bluorion
Atmosphere, you are bulls eye, on the money. Thank you for your contributions here! 

I can just imagine people trying to figure out your comment,What a class D amp potentially brings to the table is the ability to be neutral in a way that most solid state amps of traditional design cannot: they can be designed to lack brightness and harshness." Absolutely! I have used the amp on review on the hybrid PAP Treo15 Horn 1 and it is gloriously precisely as you describe. 

Our skeptics will doubt it. Their loss. 

NAD uses Purifi in the M33 and the C298. ATM also  uses the purifi in a couple of builds.
@atmasphere, I have not heard a recent Class D amp in my home, as of this time. What I have heard was not to my liking. I have tried a few " T " amps ( chip amps, for those who might not know ), and although was surprised, not to my liking. I would love for some manufacturer to send me one as an evaluation piece, and let me live with it for a month or two ( I do hear and respond to component break in ). I considered the XTZ Edge A2-300 at $500., but after hearing a comparison on a YT video ( Thomas and Stereo ), to a $4K Classe D200 Class D ( yes, a YT video ), I would not be happy with the XTZ. I am very patient, and I do feel any number of Class D amplifiers would bring me closer to what I am trying to achieve. Just do not want to spend much, at this time, to find out ( been there, done that ). I ALWAYS appreciate your feedback. My best, and be well ! 
@mrdecibel We managed to get our hands on an early class D amp 20 years ago. It was hard to imagine what the fuss was about- it was awful! But a lot has changed in the last 20 years and amps have gotten a lot better. But there is still room for change- you can imagine how this is so when a tiny player like ourselves can step in and get a patent! We started work on our class D amp about 4 years ago and within about 6 months it was showing promise. But we didn't start that willy-nilly; by that time there were amps out there that really convinced me that class D was the rising star of amplifier technology, and if you didn't acknowledge that fact you were going to get left behind.

Indtast din tekst ...Have played on Lyngdorf SDA-2400 with Densen preamplifier, Gato DPA-4004 Power Amplifier with DIA-400S Integrated Amplifier, which is sold again, and the setup that I just replaced was 4 Densen
B-350 monoblocks with B-275 preamplifier.
Was not dissatisfied but wanted and few more devices and stands, in my search for an all in one box I have listened to Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 and Nad M33 and have now been the owner of M33 since September and have not regretted my choice, plays very leaked and does not miss class A / B.
If class D can be said to be High end, I will not judge ...,
Sincerely