Herron VTPH-2A Phono Preamp....anyone familiar?

Hi just reaching out to get any input/feedback  on the Herron VTPH-2A Phono Preamp.   While I'm happy with my existing Parasound JC3 Jr., someone recommended the Herron, so I got intrigued, as I've never run into, nor listened to, any Herron products.  
Thks, Jim

jhajeski
Exactly, even in the line level pre-amp or power amp.

In a phono stage can be more problematic, especially for LOMC cartridges.

If you want a very special phono stage for low impedance LOMC then check Current Mode (Current Injection) type of phono stages like 47 Labs Phono Cube or others.

My amplifier is the Yamaha A-S3000 integrated. I'm not going to add a separate preamp. I don't need additional power so that rules out a power amp. My mono TT uses a high output MC mono cartridge. My stereo TT uses a MM cart. If I ever upgrade to a LOMC and a problem develops, I still have the internal discrete phono stage of the Yamaha. However, adding a separate phono preamp solves another problem. There is only one set of phono inputs on the back of the amp so I have to disconnect and reconnect the other TT every time I go from playing a mono record to a stereo record.
My amplifier is the Yamaha A-S3000 integrated. I'm not going to add a separate preamp. I don't need additional power so that rules out a power amp. My mono TT uses a high output MC mono cartridge. My stereo TT uses a MM cart. If I ever upgrade to a LOMC and a problem develops, I still have the internal discrete phono stage of the Yamaha. However, adding a separate phono preamp solves another problem. There is only one set of phono inputs on the back of the amp so I have to disconnect and reconnect the other TT every time I go from playing a mono record to a stereo record.

How does it all related to the OP question ? 

Tube phono stage with tube amp will generate more noise than solid state type. I also have Yamamoto, but A-08s. 

In your situation the Gold Note PH-10 is a phono stage with 2 independent MM/MC input, you can connect two turntables and each one can be MM or MC. Yamaha is junk @vuch  

@chakster dude, have you heard the Yamaha? Have you read any reviews that compare it to other high end stuff that it blows away? Can you afford it? I'm guessing the answer is no. 
Oops, I made a mistake and misread the Yamaha and Yamamoto from my phone for some reason. So you don’t even own Yamamoto :)

Now i think it’s you who must read what is Yamamoto A-08s and read the reviews and check the price.

I did my search about Yamaha, a company who made cheap receivers for home cinema most of the time. That new product look like an old receivers same style), hope it’s better. I don’t care about reviews, never seen a bad review for anything made today, they are always raving about new product whatever it is.

Anyway, we’re off topic here.

Tube Phono Stage = More noise
Tube amp + tube phono stage = even more noise. 
I'm a little late to this but wonder if any of you VTPH 2A owners can answer a question for me.  Can I plug cartridges into both MM and MC inputs of my VTPH 2A at the same time and simply switch between them with the MM/MC switch on the back?  I suspect @bpoletti will know the answer.

As far as the OP's question goes,  I own a CAT SL-1 Renaissance and before that owned an original SL-1 for 25 years.  During those years I had opportunity to compare with many other other phono stages and consider it to be one of the very best available..  That said the VTPH 2A which I use for additional turntables very closely approaches the CAT.