Help with options under $1500

Hi All,

Long time lurker and first time poster now that I have decided to take the plunge. I am trying to create a budget music room system (10ft x 12ft room).

I will mainly listen to MOG and Spotify streaming through a Sonos ZP90 as well as my music collection through Apple TV and have been looking at different options and have made this shortlist:

1) Peachtree Decco 2
or
2) Caiman DAC + Rega Brio (3 or R)
or
3) Caiman DAC + Miniwatt N3

In terms of speakers, I am looking at Wharfendale Evo 2-08, HSU HB1-mk2, Klipsch Reference RB-61 II.

I will appreciate any suggestions that you might have. I will like to stay under $1500 for the full set up.
tig0r

Showing 1 response by martykl

A 10' x 12' room is probably going to be tough on anything in the bass (below app 150hz). I'm a great believer in digital room correction for most installations, but I suspect that it will be unusually beneficial in yours.

I'd personally take the co-ax out of the ZP90 into a good AVR that is Audyssey equipped. You can probably find a NAD, Marantz, Integra or Denon on the used market for somewhere between $500 to $1K.

Spend the balance on good, reasonably full range speakers. There are a lot of good choices out there in the ballpark of your remaining budget - but there's so much personal taste involved that a specific recommendation is difficult.

Good Luck

Marty