Help on choosing a amp for Dali Helikon 400 mk1

I am looking to spend $3500 on a used SS amp . I listen to Jazz on vinyl mostly, rock on vinyl and CD.My pre is a BAT vk 31.Room size 25'x16'

I appreciate you're feedback, thank you!
128x128marcval

Showing 1 response by tomcy6

I think you've got a lot of options Marcval. It would be hard to go wrong with the gear you've already got, IMHO.

I think the Dalis and BAT are considered to be somewhat warm sounding gear, as opposed to neutral or lean, so if you want to keep going in that direction you could try a Belles or McIntosh or Plinius amp, to name just a few.

If you want something leaner, faster, more neutral you could try Krell, Bryston, Pass Labs X-series or a bunch of others.

Or you could try a BAT amp. Many people feel you get a nice synergy going with a pre and amp from the same manufacturer. I'm sure Victor Khomenko at BAT tried to design them that way.

Then you have the opportunity to roll tubes in your preamp which you can do to further tune your sound. Do you already have some tubes, or is that too expensive for you to consider?

It's hard to say what would really click for you. Can you give us a little more info about what you've tried or what sound you're looking for?