Help My AC line voltage is 128V

I have recently tested the line voltage reading out from my AC lines. They read 128V ! Knowing that 128V is almost 10% more than the standard 117V and most components inside the equipments have a 5% tolerance only. Would this unusual high voltage damage my equipments? Even though I have all my stuffs hooked onto a delicated line but when my wife uses the washing machine, the power reading jump slight up and down... This is a power spike at a high 128V... Sounds dangerous to me... I now have a habit of unplugging them everytime I finished and I am getting frustrated at this. Will getting a voltage stabilizer help? PS Audio P600 or the Monster Cable stuff?
infinity_audio

Showing 2 responses by snook2

I blew a few tubes on my Manley gear. Their engineers suggested voltage stabilization. I am using a Monster av2000 and a Hydra 8 for conditioning. I haven't had a problem yet and the sound is improved.
I had the power plant for 2 weeks and didn't care for the sound. I believe you can still get a 30 day trial period so you can check for yourself. I do like the idea of the Monster displaying the constant changes in the voltage. I sometimes have immediate swings of 7 volts! I plug all components into the Hydra8 and then plug the hydra into the monster avs2000. A big and open soundstage is the benefits.