(Hegel vs Luxman) vs PS Audio

Can anyone help me. Looking at Possibly moving from my PS Audio ( BHK Monoblocks and Pre) to Luxman C900 and M10 Amps (monoblocks)or to Hegel 30a amps (monoblocks) and Conductor Preamp [latest versions]. What are the differences in sound amongst these house combinations. 

128x128krymer2

@krymer2  I haven't heard your models, but other Focals tend to want to be used with minimal toe-in for best imaging and a wide listening sweet spot.

That room sounds pretty tough. Not sure you could do enough physical room correction. IMO a good digital room correction would be a game changer. I had a Lyngdorf 2170 in my basement. With room correction on it was the only way to get the sound I wanted out of multiple amps. Was the difference between damn why did I spend money on all this crap to ohhh yeah that’s why. When I moved my system upstairs to a more suitable room the difference with room correction on and off was not there so I sold it. 

Here’s a suggestion that will probably get laughed at, but dies actually work. I have quite a lot of gear, high end and low end. If I find myself getting somewhat bored with a certain configuration, I’ll put in one of my Marantz or SANSUI receivers and use that for a month. When I go back to my higher end gear, I appreciate it that much more. 
It sounds like what you have there probably sounds pretty good and you’re just looking to make a switch because you’re bored. It sounds like a pretty costly switch though.

just an out-of-the-box suggestion. Good luck with whatever you decide on.

Go with what @lldd said! I have never heard a PS Audio anything that I thought was competitive in its class. The Luxman is sublime! The Hegel is an neutral as they come and can be a little boring but not as much as the PS Audio! The Luxman has all-day listenability and for the record, I don’t own one. 😉

Interesting conversation... Room vs gear, I guess the room always wins.

But if no music plays in a treated room, does one enjoy the sound? I kid.

I'm presently a JC1+ owner, but am in love with my Riviera Labs Levante integrated and have nothing bad to say about my JC1+. I am now looking for a solid state amp with tighter bass and more of a romantic tube like sound and airiness. Seems to be the Mark of the new Luxman M-10x and I'm most likely going to make a move on one to drive my none 90+dB speakers.

@krymer2 what did you end up doing, room, gear or both?