HDTV plasmas with 4000:1 contrast ratio.

Anybody knows one? I cheked Panasonic line , but all HDTV plasmas had 3000:1 contrast ratio, only EDTV models had 4000:1.
videohydra

Showing 2 responses by reubent

Eldartford,

Do you have the Consumer or Commercial version of the Panny? Is it the current model?

I'm seriously considering the purchase of either the consumer or commercial version of the current Panny EDTV Plasma now that I've seen them at $3499 and $2599 respectively. I would prefer the consumer version because it comes with speakers, DVI port and a table stand, all things I would need to purchase seperately with the consumer version.

What do you think? Are you happy with yours?

Thanks and enjoy,

TIC
(Tom In Cincinnati)
Eldartford,

Thanks for the reply. Yep, the speakers are built into the bezel of the Consumer model and the DVI port is standard. It also has an NTSC (SD-TV) tuner built in and includes a table stand. Other than that, the glass is the same and the PQ is identical. Price difference is about $800-900.

I could actually live with the consumer model as I have an HT setup and cable. But, I would have to buy a stand or wall mount and the DVI blade to get what I want. Of course, I could use component video for now.

Again, thanks for the reply. It's nice to hear when someone spends $3300 and has no remorse.

Enjoy,

TIC