Has the cost of HiFi gotten a bit too much?

I don't have any specific example but just from looking at it overall, it seems like high-end components prices have really risen more than inflation.  

Or may be it is must me?

andy2

Showing 10 responses by jerryg123

@nonoise did you finally get that Technics SU700M2.....? what ever it is?

I agree this thread is all pugnacious gas

I'm so glad that I've been listening to my new integrated break in on it's first day than to read the drivel in this thread. You guys should get into some hobby, like audio.

Guessing the bar is set low.

What’s really crazy is you can connect a pair of inexpensive IEMs ($200-$300) to your phone and get absolutely mind-boggling good sound!  

I picked up a Heed Elixer to conserve tube in my Qualiton and it is $1100.00 worth of Class A SS magic.

Sounds fan freaking tastic!

LOL my phone is for business only. Email, Calls, Navigation and Audible Books.

Wow just Wow.

Spent 3 weeks in Poland with my Ukrainian Jewish wife helping with refugees from her home land of Ukraine. 

This same type of disinformation by Russia led to the invasion. You know the Ukrainian Neo Nazis that had over run the Government of a duly elected president that had 80% of the vote and is a Jew himself.

No bank are not a Ponzi scheme, yes there is corruption in the system, no it is not run by Jews, yes stereo gear can be expensive. And Governments do print money and often based on short term fixes for sagging economy's.

I recall the story of Idi Amin Dada the brutal dictator of Uganda being told by his Finance Minister that Uganda was Bankrupt, broke, had no money and Idi responded with "Well then print more money".

Sometimes I think the folks in DC subscribe to this financial model.

But Idi had a kick but stereo I hear.

Funny thing is I have been buying some European gear from Hungary and Poland at very reasonable cost.

I also keep in mind that people build products not countries. As long as the company is not owned by an oppressive government and they are building a quality product I will give it consideration (Chi-Fi in particular).

I picked up a wonderful Heed Elixir (Hungary) and popped it into my system for now to conserve on all my Russian Tubes in my main Integrated and it to is from Hungary

I haven't but maybe it's something I need to look into once my car lease has expired.

Looked at buying my soon to be retired company car, 2018 Dodge Charger SXT Plus for one of my kids, 60K miles and they want $25K for it. That is what my company paid for it in 2018.