Harley quote

Regarding two aftermarket power cables: "These differences in the shapes of the musical waveforms are far too small to see or measure with even the most sophisticated technology, yet we as listeners not only routinely discriminate such differences, we sometimes find musical meaning in these differences."

Nonsense. Just because people claim to "routinely discriminate" differences doesn't mean it's true or they're right. Apparently many have witnessed UFOs but that doesn't mean they actually saw extraterrestrial visitors, does it? Some have seen/heard a deity speaking to them "routinely"; does that imply that they are surely communing with an unseen/unmeasurable spiritual force(s)? Can we not put a little more effort into confirmatory reality-testing first when "the most sophisticated technology" can find nothing in 2020? (Of course, speaker cables can measure differently as per here, here, even if not necessarily audible in many cases by the time we connect amp to speaker.)

ARCHIMAGO
128x128fuzztone
@dadork - its common for amps and other components to come with junk power cords or none at all because people have preferences. I don't think it reflects whatsoever on the inside of the boxes.

Of course they make a difference, just beware of the law of diminishing returns.....
Diminishing returns " is the subjective excuse by budget Audiophiles for not putting more into their system. It’s an excuse for Lower Fi. Pretending you’re doing all that, without doing it. :(
Mostly, the phrase is used by people ignorant of the performance spectrum.
Do you realize that this law only means that to get to the top we must always pay more and there exist a relative point, different for each of us, where the investment is no more atttractive for what we will get from it?

No?

Your post is like the post of sellers who want to sell something, whatever the cost, and who is ready to use this evidence to depreciate what we humble mortal called Hi-Fi experience...

With 500 bucks from my used audio system, the piano and the orchestra fill my room 3-d in 2 positions of listening....Is my system the best? not at all.... Is it satisfying ? yes.. Is it because i never listen to a highly costly one? My system gives me a better sound that all the systems i listen to to date....I dont need to invest to reach more of the same....Or a little bit more for 12,000 bucks( i already calculate what i must buy to beat mine) 😁

Your ignorance is easy to explain, no system, whatever the cost can reach his optimal working if it is not righfully embedded mechanically, electrically and acoustically... This is the fact that separate true hi-fi from ordinary bad system....Under some very high price, most of the times it is not the price paid for electronic component that define hi-fi experience, it is the embeddings controls.......Most reviewers dont know that and those who knows dont write it in CAPITAL letters why? Because their job is to sell...Look at yourself and see yourself for what you are: a seller....

It is evident that costly system have a superior potential...
But it is evident that using  this fact to depreciate the experience of others is only a sellers method...And ignoring what rightful methods of controls can do is  ignorance...
Buy what you can afford,
choose what sounds good to your ears,
play around with placement a bit and try some affordable cables to compare!  Sit back and enjoy ☺️ 
douglas_schroeder2,860 posts01-18-2021 6:58am"Diminishing returns " is the subjective excuse by budget Audiophiles for not putting more into their system. It's an excuse for Lower Fi. Pretending you're doing all that, without doing it. :(
Mostly, the phrase is used by people ignorant of the performance spectrum.  

Diminishing returns is the term used by audiophiles with more money than common sense in order to justify that there will always be an improvement when in reality at some point there is no audible improvement, and many changes are only different, not better.   That point comes somewhat early(ish) in electronics, quite a bit later in speakers and acoustics.