H.H Scott 460A Integrated Amp

I realise that this place talks about hi-end vintage, mostly out of my league but maybe some of you guys can help and point me to the right direction with my modest equipment. I’ve had a solid state Integrated Amp Scott 480A that was in my opinion a (The) good element of my gear back in the 80’s. After being absent of the hobby for about 20 years I decided to go back to vintage hifi and saw this mint Scott 460A. Bought it and yes, it works well, just like in my souvenir.(Driving a new pair of Kef Q550) But how well I can’t say, I have nothing to compare. Is this amp well regarded or is it as ordinary as many of that time? I know that Scott was renowned for its valve/tube amps but what about transistors ones? These days I’m looking at the Marantz PM8006 which is supposed to be in the same category, Same power, presented as a classic vintage built but fitted with high quality, modern components. Any thoughts? Thanks.
magnetoserge

Showing 1 response by roberjerman

I'd take an original NAD 3020 (1978) any time over any transistor Scott! Tube gear (amps, preamps, integrateds) were H.H.Scotts forte! Search for and buy a nicely restored Scott 233 or 299 integrated tube amp (I have two!). Alternatively a nicely restored NAD 3020 would be another good choice!