Gryphon Diablo 300 vs Vitus RI-101

So I've been itching to upgrade my amp. I currently have: PS audio Directstream -> PS BHK preamp -> parasound JC1 -> Focal Sopra 2.
    I narrow down to these 2 candidates. Any one with experience with both int amps can comment on them?Thanks!!!
128x128btbluesky

Showing 2 responses by eziggy

Both the Gryphon and Vitus are great integrateds with different sound profiles.

From my experience, the Diablo 300 sounds a tad more forward, especially with the vocals in comparison to the Vitus. I felt the sound got a tad harsh in the highs at higher volumes on some soundtracks. Whereas the RI-101 sounds more organic, you could say it has more relaxed natural sounding vocals with crisp highs and deep powerful bass. It does not focus attention to a specific frequency but creates an overall pleasant listening experience.

When I compared the two, my personal favorite was the Vitus. It provided a sound I have been looking for a while in regards to accuracy of instruments and dynamics. I liked the Diablo but was on the fence with some sound tracks. If you like the sound of tubes, you may like the Vitus over the Diablo. To me it just feels more organic and lifelike without sacrificing crispness and resolution.

@thieliste if you want an amp that isn’t forward sounding and harsh Vitus could be a good option for you.  From my experience the RI-101 mk2 is the complete opposite of those two things.  Very natural and organic no matter what the volume.