GREAT MUSIC - SO POORLY RECORDED...

HI TO ALL... Made a change to isolating my speakers, so I'm pawing thru my CDs and listening for the changes/improvements - and I put in one of the all-time greats (IMHO), and I am still so disappointed in the quality of the recording:
BAT OUTTA HELL by Meatloaf (luv ELLEN FOLEY ON "... Dashboard Lights..."): UGH!

What are your personal disappointments?

Another for me: THE DANCE by Fleetwood Mac : OVERLY Bass heavy
insearchofprat
Yeah Meatloaf is pretty bad!Scorpions -Big City Nights is pretty bad too.
On the other end of the spectrum are the albums that were recorded and mastered in a way that could never be reproduced live.  
For me Bruce’s The Wild The innocent The E Street Shuffle is of reference quality. Also his best... Also fine on cd/streaming even if unfortunately a little hissed (or compressed - not sure) in the mids.

Still looking for the best vinyl mastering of Supertramp Crime of the century. The cd transfers and remasterings no good at all. Bass light and screaming.

Have recently found the best so far sounding vinyl (Juno records) of Rock ’n Roll Animal and Dark side of the moon (for loud listening). The sharp edges on guitars and sax is taken down.

Older Doobie Brothers never disappoint. Takin' it to the streets - true perfection.

My limited experience with Buffalo Springfield has me posting here. Their lps sounded awful until I heard the "What’s That Sound" box. What a transformation!
I recently listened for the first time to an OP of Bruce Springsteen "The Wild, The Innocent, and The E Street Shuffle". I really enjoyed it but found it to be a little on the bright side, certainly not reference quality.