Good speakers for Parasound Halo JC1

I have all Parasound Halo electronics — JC1 amps, JC2 BP preamp, JC3 Phono amp, and CD1 CD player — and love them all.  Wonderful detail but plenty of bottom end.

My speakers are Usher MD2 — nice sound, respectable speakers but I’m ready to take the plunge and move up.

I’m headed to AXPONA in a few weeks and want to audition potential replacement speakers. I’d be interested to hear what speakers you’ve heard that are awesome matches for the JC1s. My room is mid-size that will accommodate decent size but not huge boxes. 

Thanks all.

Mikempls 

128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xmikempls

Fritz Speakers, scheduled to be at AXPONA Booth 512, are worth investigating. 

You might also want to look into Legacy audio Legacy Focus SE for around 12K made in the U.S. and great sounding plus very efficient 95dB sensitivity and can handle any amps power with ease.

op

best you describe, best you can, what you want to improve sonically over your ushers

parasound jc1’s will drive pretty much anything well so that isn’t a screen for what speakers will work well for you

short of you finding the best way possible to describe what you value musically, what you listen to in terms of music, and what you think are shortcomings sonically, you will get random splatter of advice... may as well consult stereophile or tas recommended list of speakers at x price point

klipschhorns

big maggies

magicos sonus fabers focals revels

big harbeths proacs devores

egglestons von schwiekerts avalons

fleetwoods/om’s

all make music differently, excel at different things, make different demands on room and placement etc etc

While I have only read about Parasound equipment,  I do have experience with KEF speakers.  They have several lines that come with matching center channels. I can tell you the Reference line is very good, although probably out of your budget,  the R series might be something to check out. I believe they have two different matching center channel speakers.

All the best.