GaN based SU-R1000 Technics Integrated Class-D, review by TAS

After their unobtainable and unaffordable ground breaking 1.5mhz switching speed, Technics SE-R1 GaN Class-D power amp, this new offspring integrated has finally gotten an in depth review.

I had high hopes for Technics "fully optioned" SU-R1000 integrated, "looks" like my hopes could be founded, here is the The Absolute Sound’s 7 page!!! review on it, enjoy.
https://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/technics-su-r1000-integrated-amplifier?mc_cid=2c9d21110f&a...

Cheers George
128x128georgehifi

http://www.enjoythemusic.com/hifi_world/10_2021/editorial.htm

If you want a powerful amplifier in a small case, a Class D NCore amplifier from Hypex (Netherlands) has become a popular choice"  I said last month.

Reason being NCore has overcome all the problems of Class D, notably high frequency distortion, load sensitivity and D.C. on the loudspeaker terminals.

So I was a bit taken aback to encounter all these problems on Technics new SU-R1000 Reference not-Class D amplifier you can read about on p10.

I have to call it that at their insistence, but that it's not Class D is a technicality: all the same issues arise. It is what is commonly termed an 'analogue switching amplifier'. These have been around for 20 years or more, without gaining popularity – so a surprise that Technics should try again in unconvincing fashion.

Post removed 
A much more realistic and thorough review of the same Technics integrated has been published in the October issue of the Hi-FI World UK.
The editor here says that A/B amps are "near perfect". WAY off...

The review’s criticism fly-in-the-face of what every other review has said about these. Earlier digital-D’s -whether Technics, Lyngdorf TDAI or NAD M32 had no such complaints. Neither did Cordesman (at TAS) on this unit.

Remember, these don’t need a D/A or preamp before the power stage. They are 'disruptive’...
It’s sad, he’s the biggest offender of what he accuses others of doing. And the lack of comprehension... well that’s a whole other story.

I’ll state it once again, because you don’t comprehend!

"There is no way on the AGD that those tube pins can possibly take 32A of current let alone 50A!!! If they do, then burnout trouble to both pins and socket connections will happen eventually"

Then the socket and tube will have to be changed, and the even bigger trouble is guess what!! the GaN amp module is inside the tube!!!!
Big bucks for that service work. For his sake hope it doesn’t happen in the warranty period, for owners hope it does.