Gamut M250i & D3i -- superb.

I have finally made the decision to upgrade my amp from the Gamut Di150 (which is well known and in the top few integrateds) to the M250i & D3i. The integrated is well reviewed and I also had the opportunity to extensively compare with another elite integrated, which it comprehensively trounced.
Not much on the M250i so a leap of faith in auditioning it, although the D3i has very good reviews. I wonder why this great monoblock has not attracted more attention so far.
I will be posting on the sound of the M250i & D3i combo soon. A few subtle improvements as it finally runs in, but for now ...... it is magic !
mike60

Showing 3 responses by denon1

Mike60, I also have Gamut DI-150 and it is a great integrated. I am also considering upgrating to monoblocks as I think they will be my last amplificaiton. Could you please tell more what you hear as an sonic improvements. They should not be minor. How is the bass with monos in compare with di-150? How much better it is with monoblocks. Also did you consider/hear any other pre-amps besides d3i with monos. With lack of auditioning and demos your experiecne is valuable.Tahnk you.
Mike60, thank you so much for the good review and comparison. I am also not affiliated with Gamut. Just by persistence of the distributor who claimed that gamut di-150 will sound much better than Plinius Hiato I had, decided to give it an audition in my house/system and my disbelieve run away after first 10 min and Hiato went for sale. So kudos to Tom Vu from KT audio imports for his advise and great services. Now I have to think how to get funds for these monos :).
Btw, my source is recently bought the Esoteric k-03.
Great cd player.
Mike60, I have been with esoteric for a long time also. I had x03-se, x01d2 - great players, but they were a little too analytical and did not have the variety of filter option and USB asynchronous 24/196 input. The k-03 is a different level of sound. Very close to analog, at the same time extracting the same great level of details that esoteric is famous for. In addition, that USB makes it somehow future proof. Give it a chance to listen if possible, your x-03se might be up for sale sooner than you think.