Funny how streaming/digital still chases that analog benchmark.

Funny how manufacturers of streaming and digital gear continues to chase that elusive analog sound. I thought digital was better?

Before you all get your panties in a wad I enjoy both Digital and Analog but much rather listen to an analog source than digital.

So today I see  Innuos Introduces The PhoenixNET – A Network Switch For Audiophiles @ only $3500.00

Guess I do not see the point you can get superior sound for say $2500 or less with a decent turntable cartridge combo and phono stage. Hell Clear Audio has an all in one for $2500.

I just don’t get it and I do not care to either.
128x128skypunk
@lexx21  “audiofools and their money are very quickly separated”

audiofools? So why are you here?

oh to get info so you don’t become an audiofool?

@tooblue.  That is why I tossed the grenade, to have fun!

I really enjoy all audio formats I just wanted to be entertained by this thread.

Sorry nerds.
testpilot:

"but with a streamer plus a $15/month subscription you can access unlimited HD music.  Who’s ahead now?"

I am...

In that I have pretty much have everything I care to listen to on LP and CD, and I rarely like anything new* that I sample (last 10+ years*).

I somtimes seek CD versions of my favorite vinyl music simply for the convenience of the format.

I also have gobs of LP's that never made it to the digital realm.

If one it interested in contemporary/recent music I get your drift, but this does not (so far) interest me.

I sample mainly from YT, plus a few other sites.

DeKay
@skypunk....I enjoy great sounding audio just like the next bloke. But think about it....ANYONE who knows networking would see right through that bs. Its the "special" individual who would see an add for that 3500 dollar switch and think "its audiophile grade... I have GOT to have me one of them" when ANY network switch will do. Think about it...audio does not use a lot of bandwidth in the networking world. Want a top of the line switch for audio streaming? Cisco 2900... totally configurable switch...20 years old...will handle any digital audio stream you can put through it.

I admit that I do have a knee jerk reaction to stupidity in advertising, especially for companies that try to obviously rip you off. That must be from my EE degree and 27 years in the IT business.

My system consists of a CJ mv55, a proton receiver acting as my preamp, project se box 2 phono preamp. I almost have enough saved for the technics 1200g, after which I save for a dynavector 20x2 and a mcintosh c2300. All well thought out purchases which I can sonically justify buying.

Its the stupid stuff designed to rip people off that makes me grow as thorns and sets them to grinding.

"Joke all you want, you know it's true, the standard is analog."

Hanging out with stuffy old people much?

The standard has, for decades now, been digital. 17-year-olds do not even know what you are talking about.