Frankensteins or Audio Note Kit 300b

Has anyone been able to listen to both the Coincident Frankensteins and the Audio Note Kits 300 b amps? I am getting ready to buy my first 300b system and would love to hear what folks think.
Hope to be buying in 2 weeks, so anxious to learn as much as possible before then.
Matt
128x128mattzack2

Showing 6 responses by mattzack2

Thanks for chiming in. Audiogon has been a goldmine of expert advice for me. I appreciate all the help. - Matt
I'm going with the Audio Note Legends parallel 300b's. I feel confident 20 watts will satisfy my speakers.
Charles - your enthusiasm with the Franks was the reason that I drooled over them. I have a couple of very nice amps that I will be selling soon, so maybe my 2nd setup will be a Coincident system.
Thanks again.
I'll ask Brian about that.
Since I run the Dali's with 16 watts from the 845, I assumed that the 20 watts should be sufficient.

I am not sure how the impedance factors into the equation.
I have the Dali Helicon 800 speakers which I believe are about 90 db sensitivity. My concern is that the 8 watts from the Frankenstein may be somewhat shy of driving them, whereas the Audio Note will deliver 2o watts going with parallel 300b's.
I have an Art Audio 845 with 16 watts that drives them with no strain.
Brian sais the Audio Note will do 4, 8 and 16 ohm by request. I'm going with both 4 and 8 ohm terminals.
Really looking forward to this.
I just purchased a pair of Audio Note AN-E lexus Signatures to match up with m\the AN kITS Legend monoblocks that I just started building.

I am a happy boy !