Forte 1A or Threshold 400A

Hi.  I changed my speakers and I sold my McCormack DeLuxe because the original board inside this amp was not safe for long term use.
As I now use speakers which have a sensitivity of 90 db/1W/1M, I have the choice of many amps available on the used market here. Forte 1A which needs new power supply caps, Threshold 400A which is fully rebuilt by a professional. The forte as is don't play at his best (it lacks definition) but I think that if properly upgraded it has some potential. The 400A price is 3 times the price of the Forte. I could also have a Classe Twenty five but I don't need 250W/C.  Do someone have some experience with some of these amps ?
legarem
I owned a Forte "55" that was and, likely for the guy who bought it from me, still is, a GREAT amp...I was told it was the last of the line and didn't use the IGBT transistors...still...nice...
I have in-house right now a recapped Threshold 400A that is a wonderful warm, meat-on-the-bones imaging, and powerhouse that drives any of my speakers with ease.  Yes, its timbres and overall smoothness are tube like, much more so then the Forte 4A.

I would go for the Threshold 400A for the reasons I stated.
You might want to consider expanding your options to include amps from: Coda, Legacy, and Sanders Sound.
400 A ...but did you contact Steve McCormack about replacing your boards, and upgrading other aspects of the design....very musical....I know it is too late ( as you sold it ), but, am interested to know. I ask, because, I was in the same situation, and decided to do the same as you and sell it, but made this decision out of anger. Never had another amplifier situation like this one, and I have owned hundreds....never heard of boards, other than by McCormack, that could not be repaired, but needed to be replaced ( this has been my experince ). I am sure there are others..........Enjoy ! MrD.
You might want to consider expanding your options to include amps from: Coda, Legacy, and Sanders Sound.

Aren't these all manufactured by Coda??