For auld lang syne, ..high-end companies you really liked that are gone....

’tis that time of year. Another year nearly gone and a new one full of land mines ahead...etc. I thought I would ask, what companies are now gone that were a part of you audio history? Mine would be:

Thiel,
Nakamichi (when they were doing some high end stuff, N. Pass)
Sony....same thing, when they were doing some high end, esp. early CD players
Classe """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
California Audio Labs
Straightwire
Advent
Dahlquist

And please add to this list. Now some of these I mentioned do exist, but are not now really two-channel/stereo "high-end"

Have a good and safe New Year holiday.

whatjd
It's funny I see this stuff from time to time out here in Northern California at flea markets or garage sales and I SNAP it UP FAST
also ACOUSTAT  didn't make RIBBONS, their panel design was made with Dupont Mylar film ( Electrostatic Design ) I see all the names but one is very rare SETTON AUDIO always featured in PLAYBOY MAGAZINE for the playboys.
Electron Kinetics and the amazing Eagle 7a amplifier. Built by the very eccentric John Iverson*.

Fidelity Research moving coil phono cartridges.

* seriously, Google Iverson for a very strange and mysterious story about him. His disappearance is still unsolved. He was working on some US Military top secret stuff at the time of his disappearance...allegedly. 
Cain&Cain. Met Terry at a 'Vegas T.H.E. show. He told me he was a furniture builder before getting into audio. BEAUTIFUL cabinets on his Single-horn BEN speakers. Sound was colored as hell (IMO) but colored the way I like it. Regret not buying a pair. RIP Terry.