Focal Profile 918 presentation

I’m tiring to find the optimum placement for my Focal Profile 918 in my system. The room size is 12X12’. It appears to me, that the placement doesn’t matter; I’m still getting presentation from between and behind the speakers. Do you get the same impression? My system: PL Dialogue Two, Sony NC555ES CD/DVD Player (great player by the way; compared to NAD C542 or Music Hall 25.5 what I use to have) and KK 4TC speaker cables. Thanks.
128x128srmax

Showing 2 responses by nasaman

I put acoustic panels (sound deadening) behind and the side of front speakers to eliminate that problem. I assume you are already tried to toe-in, toe out? How far have you tried setting them apart?
Good luck.
Wow, all of the stuffs that you are getting...you are heading the right path. I just hope your acoustic panels be 2" thick instead of 1". Anyways, pretty sure you'll be so much happier AFTER you put the speakers on top of the maple and SPIKE them up. The bass will be much "tuneful" when moving the speakers around. Just curious where and how much are you buying the maples?
Note: even if you can max-out its full potential, the Focal 918's are limited and still being considered as entry level speakers in the world of 2-ch.