Fedex and Ups Damage thread

Just for giggles Wondering if your like to share your Damages from shipping.

Let me start thinks off.

Krell ksa-2 amp.  Knocked out of square   in for factory overhaul

Canary  ca-... Monos     Slammed, bent  back panel binding posts

Vac  140 monos   Completely destroyed 1 amp Lost the other...

Rogue 120 mons  Slammed back panel.

Jbl L300  Slammed broke out front baffle

ect..

128x128hiend2

Insuring the package for a hefty sum will deter the company from  mishandling it. Never had an audio component sent or received damaged.

i shipped a Sony broadcast monitor to NYC, arrived in pieces. UPS claimed that it was not packed properly. i used the original factory packing and inserts. refused the claim.  i have heard other horror stories about them

In Nov. 2020 I purchased a McIntosh MC 2155 (about 70 lbs.) from an individual near Seattle, WA. When I received the box in Michigan, the front panel was shattered. I took lots of photos before and during the un-packing, and then submitted a claim through the carrier, UPS, for the Washington store. It took over three months to be reimbursed for the parts (I did the repair). They required additional photos of the box, and its rating (it had been serviced previously by Audio Classics, and so had been well packaged), as well as me filing a complaint with the BBB against the UPS store. The box had evidently been dropped (or fell) on a one of the corners. It was not a pleasant experience, but thankfully the shipper had insured it!

BREAKING NEWS.............FEDEX and UPS  to merge into one company.......it will be named  FED UP .

@tooblue 

Shipped a VMPS sub, integrated amps on down.

Just saying.

I was a truck driver and know how to pack for the worst.  Assume drop kick.

The only claim against UPS was for a "delivery" I never received. (Porch Pirate in the 80's?) 3 months is correctomundo.