Favorite Symphonies Quiz

Pick your favorite composer for each symphony. You can’t use a composer more than once.

Here are my answers (at least today’s answers):
Symphony No. 1: Copland
Symphony No. 2: Hanson
Symphony No. 3: Saint-Saëns
Symphony No. 4: Bruckner
Symphony No. 5: Shostakovich
Symphony No. 6: Tchaikovsky
Symphony No. 7: Sibelius
Symphony No. 8: Mahler
Symphony No. 9: Beethoven

What are your picks? I’m looking forward to learning something.
128x128phomchick
This is fun and a bit of a challenge.   I'm going with:
1. Brahms
2. Sibelius
3. Mahler
4. Shostakovich
5. Mendelssohn
6. Tchaikovski
7. Beethoven
8. Schubert
9. Bruckner

This arrangement permitted me to choose my favorite classical and post classical symphony composers, although it necessitated exclusion of Dvorak.  It permitted me to select my favorite symphonies of Brahms, Sibelius, Mahler, Mendelssohn, Tchaikovski (Manfred is close to 6),  Beethoven, and Schubert. Selecting Shostakovich at 4 is a stretch, but the wonderful account by Mariss Jansons allows me to slot Shostakovich here.  If you haven't heard Janson's 4th, you haven't heard the 4th.  In truth,  Babi Yar would be my favorite, but you stopped at 9, so Dmitri had to go somewhere.  I'd probably call #9 Bruckner's best, so this isn't much of a stretch.  If I go HvK Bruckner, its #9, If I go Eugen Jochim, probably 6 or 8,   
@jdane: I too would have picked Mahler for all positions in the list if it were allowed. But you omit Mahler’s Eighth? The night in 2009 that I spent listening to the San Francisco Symphony and Chorus perform Mahler’s Eighth was one of the most memorable evenings I have ever spent at a concert.

https://youtu.be/MAjmM7lcb1c
PC--  I realize I'm in the minority on M8.  I've never liked it, and I only heard it live once.  LAPhil (forget who was conducting--prob. Dudamel during one of the Mahler cycles here) in the cavernous Shrine, easily the worst music venue in the world.  Now I love both the LAPhil and the LAChorale, but all that went through my mind the entire night was PLEASE! Get on with The Eternal Feminine so we can get the f. out of here!   (And meanwhile, let me put in another plug for the Gorecki 4th!)
1. Elgar
2. Mahler
3. Scriabin
4. Beethoven
5. Sibelius
6. Tchaikovsky
7. Atterberg
8. Dvorak
9. Bruckner
+1 phomchick on all Mahler
The LB cycle.
Or all of Cookie's recordings of Tilson Thomas with the SFS