Fan on Amp Unbeatable

So, I have an older amp from the 70s. It's a solid state amp and the fan is so loud it's distracting. It's my first largest solid-state amp. I've been using tube amps for the last 15 plus years. I can't imagine fans are supposed to be overwhelming Lee loud. Has anybody else ran into this kind of issue and if so, how did you fix it?
pawlowski6132
If you are serious about selling your Marantz 500, they are currently asking big bucks for them right now. Go look on the bay. Many of them go overseas ( I do not know why ), but they do.
@pawlowski6132 - I can't stand any audio equipment with a fan. The noise reduces the S/N ratio tremendously.
If your amp really is worth big bucks (as @mrdecibel says), my suggestion is, sell it and start fresh. There are a lot of great modern SS amps around, and very few have fans.
@mike_in_nc : "The noise reduces the S/N ratio tremendously."

Ah, it had to come out. How can those who obsess about power scrubbers, springs, ceramic feet, power cables and aluminum foil hats not be appalled by whirring electric motors with blades next to, on top of or inside their multi-thousand dollar components that can't keep themselves cool enough to survive in typical climate controlled homes?
I've used laptop coolers to set the equipment on. Mine had funky lights which were promptly disabled. I think they had adjustable speeds also.