Experience with HFTs

There was a very extensive discussion about Schumann Generators (SGs) over the past week and in some thread I saw a mention of HFTs.

Unlike SGs, HFTs appear to interact with the music in a room similar but opposite of Acoustic Panels purpose. I can’t really put those panels or bass traps in because of my room layout and these appear to be small, and not require electricity, but I can’t understand why I would put them on a speaker- the speaker company should have taken its own acoustic properties into account. Also how would you put them on a wall?

Can your please relay your experience with them positive or negative and what you purchased and total investment? Synergistic Research appears to be a leader with these things. Always looking for ways to improve the sound without breaking the bank.
sokogear
That's all? Are you sure you don't want to know why aftermarket power cords are necessary? Why doesn't the manufacturer just ship the amp with the best tubes? Why do we have to move speakers again anyway???!😂

Sorry, but that was a lot of questions. Nowhere near a record, but a lot. I've got a full review around here somewhere, and I heard of HFT from David Pritchard on here a couple years ago. There's pages and pages of positive feedback. 

In terms of design, construction, and how they work (the effect they produce) HFT are very similar to ECT and PHT. They all attach wherever with little dabs of Blue-Tack. They come with more than enough. Some guys like Pritchard use hot glue and say that is better. Don't know. Haven't tried.

They all work as advertised which is to say, awesome. Check out my system https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/8367 I use all this stuff, and a lot more. I know what costs what, and how big and what kind of benefit, all from actual experience.  

About the only thing I don't know is how much if any different these would be if introduced in a different order. In other words, and this is just something you will hear a lot but not something I believe, maybe these improvements are easy to hear because my system is so doggone highly resolving. I seriously doubt it. I am quite happy to say you can do these things in any order and the incremental improvement each time will still be there. In other words they are additive and independent. No one of them counters or works against the other, nor is any of the others required to gain the benefit of another. You can do them in any order. 

I say this because the same one who turned me onto HFT advised doing them in a certain order. Of course I did not. Deliberately. To test the idea. Didn't take long. You can do this stuff in any order.

You can even take one HFT Speaker Kit and split it between 2 speakers. That's what I did. To test it out. Then added the second kit.  

If you are starting from zero and looking to get the most bang for your limited audio dollar: 

1. Schumann generators. The last 2 I just got were $9.91 incl shipping. These brought me to ten. The last 2 seem to me just as big a deal as the first 2 were. These are so cheap I would get at least 4.

2. Nobsound springs. Not as good as Townshend but so cheap and so much better than anything else they are a must-have. They are not plug and play. It is a fair amount of work experimenting to get the right amount of springs. But the improvement for $30 is hard to beat.

3. Now we get into a whole slew of things that are all quite good but vary a lot in terms of cost. HFT, ECT and PHT are all extremely effective and well worth the cost. Ditto Blue and Orange Fuse. Ditto Cable Elevators. Ditto Townshend Pods and Podiums. But some of this stuff starts to depend more on the particulars of your situation. Like Cable Elevators really are effective but might not work in your room. Or springs are good but if you have the budget Pods are way better. 

If you have a room that is difficult to treat I think you will be shocked how much better it can be with several sets of HFT room and speaker kits. Not exactly cheap but highly effective.
I’ve over a dozen Synergistic Research HFT’s and agree with Goose and Millercarbon. They expand and lock in the soundstage. I simply. followed the instructions that came with them and then experimented a bit on my own. Very pleased with the results.
Alfred at Highend-Electronics found here at Audiogon can help you with more details and offers a free return policy.
I added quite a bit of SR to my system. From Orange Fuses to HFT’s, Powercell 8 UEF SE, Atmosphere IC’s and speaker cable. All made drastic improvements to my listening experience. I agree as stated the HFT’s help lock in the soundstage. I think I’m at level 2. I don’t have them on my Spatial M’3s but on the walls and ceiling. They come with blue tack so very easy to apply. I would really recommend SR Orange Fuses too.
+1 for Alfred
Post removed 
So you guys don’t use acoustic panels or bass traps and use the HFTs instead of them? What are ECT and PHT - are they alternatives to HFTs? It’s quite an alphabet soup.

I was skeptical about the Townshend pods but was blown away at the improvement in the sound. Is this along the same magnitude or more subtle?

Good point about the speaker company @millercarbon. And the amp company with power cords and tubes. I’m not a tube guy, but would not think of using a stock power cord. As a matter of fact, my phono stage didn’t even come with one.