Every day I see another turntable recommendation...

After digging into this topic, I am convinced now I need to go a bit higher on this first vinyl set up. I think all in, I am prepared at this point to go up to $5k, for the table alone, not including arm or cartridge.

But frankly, being on this forum is like drinking from an information firehose. I have learned a bunch and yet somehow, I am less convicted than before.

With that in mind, to narrow down the decision, I am want to restrict myself to things I can buy, hear and, if necessary, service locally. My local dealers stock, AMG, AVM, Basis, Clearaudio, Michell, Musichall, Pro-ject, Rega, VPI, so I am likely restricted to those brands. I am certain my view will change by the end of this thread.

saulh

... and resign yourself to acquiring and playing the one percent or less of all vinyl issued, those few discs that give your system a source equal to their demands.

😉

Hit up Kat at Upscale Audio. She's very knowledgeable and, if you buy the cartridge from them, they'll set everything up for you as well.

With that in mind, to narrow down the decision, I am want to restrict myself to things I can buy, hear and, if necessary, service locally.

Service locally meaning? Repairs? Or setup services? Just curious...

My Michell Gyro Dec is 30 years old and still going strong. Updated over the years with an Orbe platter and other mods, I know of at least two reviewers who use one in their systems - see my system pics. All the brands you mention are respected and you won't go far wrong with any of them. Seek your dealers advice and try to demo a few. Only you can tell which you prefer. Steve