Energy Connoisseur C-9 or KEF Q-7 for my Tube Amp

I have a small room and like rock but listen to a bit of everything and need speakers that are versatile. I want speakers that are forward, dynamic, clear, powerful, and have bass. ****Ill be driving the speakers with a Jolida 302B tube amp****. I have IXOS Super Gamma 7 bi-wire and Audience Conductor interconnects.

I can either get the Energy Connoisseur C-9 or KEF Q-7. *I really want the energys but the question is is my Jolida 302B enough (50 WPC) to drive them well?*

Thanks!
jamiec001

Showing 2 responses by bignerd100

The Kef Q5's are actually a better bet. The Q7's sound very muddy (almost like they have a poorly matched subwoofer running with them). The Q5's are much tighter and with proper room placement you will not miss the supper-low bass that you will get with other speakers.
Energy speakers are much more marketing than research and development. Kef is not for everyones taste but they are much better than the Energy in my opinion.
The 302B has enough juice to drive even an inefficent speaker in close quarters due to the soft-clipping nature of a tube design. If you can't demo the speaker in your house, don't buy it. If you were willing to spend the money you could wait another month and try a pair of Fried speakers. They are coming back out and Bud Fried is overseeing design. There are also the Spendor's. It is not realy paramount for most people to have a speaker that is flat down to 20Hz. A well designed speaker rolls off gradualy enough towards is LF corner that you don't notice it. The Spendors are a prime example. The S6's and the S8's are wonderful.