Elvis Presley Fans?

How many of you are Elvis fans My mom grew up during his era of fame and always played his music when I was growing up. I enjoy almost every song he ever performed.
chatta

Showing 2 responses by oneaudio007

I grew up listening to elvis, my parents met him at his house in belair Ca. , they waited outside the gate and he pulled in with Ann Margaret, let in my mom dad and aunt uncle, was very gracious,Ann was a different story, so I am told, we have pics of him with his arms around my mom and aunt and shaking hands with my dad and uncle,along with his, Thanks elvis presley, autograph on the back of the map,kinda neat,I always felt his soul when listening to him and really prefered his late 60s and 70s music,I find his live performances for the most part to be incredible, the energy, emotion, soul,its as if the music was a part of him,as far as I am concerned he will never be equaled. And the best thing about some of his recorded music is that it was done very well, high quality,I could go on and on but I think you get my point.....Pat70 thanks for the tip about BMG/Sony FTD.
Fair singer??? Perhaps you are unfamilair with his voice or this is an opinion based on musical preference ?I feel I must come to his defense, I thought well perhaps because I enjoy his music/singing it is my opinion and what I hear is wrong, so I googled Elvis Presleys voice and wikpedia came up first so I read... at the bottom of the page are quotes from professors, muscians, voice coaches, sound engineers etc..I wont bore you with all of them but here are a few quotes......................................Elvis Presley has been described variously as a baritone and a tenor. An extraordinary compass- the so-called register-, and a very wide range of vocal color have something to do with this divergence of opinion. The voice covers two octaves and a third, from the baritone low-G to the tenor high B, with an upward extension in falsetto to at least a D flat. Presley's best octave is in the middle, D-flat to D-flat, granting an extra full step up or down. Call him a high baritone. In "It's'now or never", (1960), he ends it in a full voice cadence (A, G, F), that has nothing to do with the vocal devices of R&B and Country. That A-note is hit right on the nose, and it is rendered less astonishing only by the number of tracks where he lands easy and accurate B-flats. Moreover, he has not been confined to one type of vocal production. In ballads and country songs he belts out full-voiced high G's and A's that an opera baritone might envy. He is a naturally assimilative stylist with a multiplicity of voices - in fact, Elvis' is an extraordinary voice, or many voices"
Henry Pleasants, in his book "The Great American Popular Singers" (1974) "I suppose you'd had to call him a lyric baritone, although with exceptional high notes and unexpectedly rich low ones. But what is more important about Elvis Presley is not his vocal range, nor how high or low it extends, but where its center of gravity is. By that measure, Elvis was all at once a tenor, a baritone and a bass, the most unusual voice I've ever heard"
Gregory Sandows, Music Professor at Columbia University, published in "The Village Voice"........Surely these people must know what they are talking about .....or perhaps its the definition of a good singer/voice and what that would encompass' that I dont understand,though I can assure you the over 1 billion viewers in 1973 would disagree with the assessment that he is a fair singer/voice.Its not all hype etc., although it is a combination of it all, Perhaps thats why he has been labeled THE KING.