EAD lacks power compared to Sherbourn

I just picked up and EAD Powermaster 1000. It is replacing a sherbourn 5/1500a. The EAD has a cleaner and more musical sound but has a much lower output (volume). They are both rated 200 wpc. I'm wondering if I bought a problem. It sounds good but I'm running my prepro (Sunfire TGII) at a much higher level...is there a way do a simple check with a volt meter?
Thanks
truthrider
Truthrider,
I think you will find that amp. is a little better that just good. Don't be afraid to crank it.

Tim
Truthrider: Given a typical CD, what number do you have to turn your TG II up to in order to get "loud" listening levels? I've got a TG II and we can compare notes. Sean
>
What impedance and sensitivity are your speakers rated at? I would agree that having to run the TG II at -20 would equate to very low sensitivity on the part of the EAD. My modified Sunfire Signatures are pretty well roaring by the time i get to -25 with 86 dB 4 ohm speakers.

Have you tried contacting EAD or your local dealer about this? Sean
>
Hey Sean,
The speakers are Seas driven DIY based on the Odin Mk3- this is essentially the Tyler Linbrook. I recently purchased the EAD used from an audiogoner. I've heard that EAD is not too good with customer service. I was considering bringing it to Music Lovers in Berkeley for a check up. I does sound very good- just seems to lack the punch.