E.A.R 834p. VS Graham Slee Reflex

Hello,
Iam buying my first phonocorrector ever and cant decide-E.A.R with NOS Telefunken Valves or Graham Slee Reflex.Speakers are WP8+Pass Labs xa30.5.
What do you think?
proac28

Showing 5 responses by fjn04

Shakey- Do you suspect the 834 w/ your Benz was just too warmish paired together. They are both supposed to have that signature. I have owned a Ruby, and briefly an EAR 912. and that was my feeling. Never heard them together.
Was the 834P quiet w/ your Benz SL
Thanks-I am thinking tubes to replace a Heed Quasar. The Heed
won't be easy to trump without spending a fair amount more. It's really good, and has a sound I can see a tube guy liking.
That's coming from a tube guy. ProAc28- Not sure what the Slee sells for, but the Quasar may be worth consideration. Mine will stay until I hear something something better south of 3K. The 834P delux is $2595 BTW.
Abp689- I also would like to know the differences, beside $1895 vs. $2595.
So far I know the RCA connectors are better quality on the Deluxe version.
Then of course the obvious, which is the cost of the fancy faceplate.
Interesting- I heard about the superior RCA's from a dealer who was looking in to the line. According to Audio Revelations current ad here, it seems as if the Std version comes standard with a volume control. Pricing is $1695 MM,
or $1895 w/ both MM/MC. The deluxes price of $2595 comes standard without V/C. Why do i get the feeling one of us will have to become a sleuth to solve this mystery. I say this with love for the hobby, but can't this be a little easier.
Just to be clear about the standard version, it apparently can't be had without the V/C. I will check on it, but if it's true, I find it strange.