DynaVector DV505 is it worth the hassle?

I have a Garrard 301 with a SME3009 II improved arm. The table is coming back from ZU audio with a new ZU DL103 catridge and their Xaus tonearm cable. While waiting for the table, I happened upon a really good deal on a DynaVector DV505. It looks cool but it appears complicated to set up and use. I'm somewhat of a novice and just joined AudiogoN. Any opinions about the DynaVector arm would be appreciated. By the way, Sean Casey and his crew at ZU audio just blew me away with their level of customer service. Unbelieveable!
eriksdad

Showing 1 response by mechans

The comment I have is that I think Albert is right. I own a Dynevector XX20 H.O. and it is right on top of the vinyl no VTA adjustment unipivot bearing. The detail is fantastic . So much so that after carefully washing the record with great fluids and brushes on the Dyne machine 3 times it shines like a mirror. Then I play it.Thee noise flor is ok but every dust mite or a piece whatever microscopic debirs that alit on the record during the time i got it going sounds like a firecracker. It is too much for me. I use a highly mdded ARC SP6B with very good NOS and current tubes.