Dynaudio C1 and Pass amp

Anyone has experience with this combo? Particular Pass XA30.5.
kzhtoo

Showing 2 responses by rr999

I had no problem with volume on my aleph 3 + Confidence 3 combo -- just a sharp drop off in bass response below 100hz. This was a problem in 3 different listening rooms of different dimensions from small to large in three different houses. The problem may have been the speakers, may have been some bass-dampening phenomenon common to each room -- or it may have been an under-powered amp.

The sound I did get was astonishingly beautiful, though.
I had a Dynaudio Confidence 3 many years, for which the C1 was Dynaudio's next generation model, coupled with a pair of Pass Aleph 3s, which again were replaced by the XA30.5s. So the same system you describe is identical to mine except the next, newer generation.

I ran Nordost gen 1 Valhala speaker wire and Nordost quattro pro interconnects from a Theta front end. Sound was nuanced, with tube-like warmth in the mid-range coupled with tremendous transparency. Great dynamics and transient speed. Incredibly fun to listen to across a very broad range of music.

The only drawback was very little bass below 100hz - in my room, which was mid-sized, it fell off a cliff below there, and by 80hz you could barely hear the test tone. I bought a Velodyne 12inch which wasn't great but it made a all the difference in enjoyment.

I think your proposed gear supplemented by one of the terrific current subs (Rel perhaps) would make you very happy.