Downward firing subwoofer

I have a downward firing box with 1 sub & 1 passive sub. Can I remove the passive sub and put an actual sub, or will this cause issues as far as clarity.
rickregal
rickregal, you would have to remove both units, calculate the volume of the enclosure and find two subwoofer drivers that would operate together in that volume and fit the holes you have. Not likely. You might as well start all over.
@mijostyn sounds to complicated, I'll just and another downward firing enclosure to the mix. Thanks for the feed back.
Nothing wrong with a subwoofer with a passive radiator if it is designed well.  
The idea is to be someplace between a ported sub and a sealed sub.  
You get a somewhat improved efficiency of a ported sub with the extension of a sealed sub, and avoid the peaks that many ported subs have.
they also tend to be easier to integrate.  
in your case with the kicker the enclosure is too small for another active sub  
try to increase amplifier power if you can if you want more bass.  
Think of the passive radiator as an alternative to a port.

The passive radiator and driver work together with the volume of the cabinet.  It's a system and you should not attempt to alter without a proper understanding (aka speaker analysis) of where you are starting and where you are going. 

If you are getting an itch to DIY, you'd be better off building a  new subwoofer from a kit. :) Lots of good options at Parts Express.