Does anyone own the T+A CRITERION TCD 110 S?

Got a chance to hear this beast today. Easily the best speaker I've ever heard. However, the mid bass seemed to be a bit distant. Was being powered by Simaudio 400wpc mono blocks.

Wondering what your thoughts are on the CRITERION TCD 110 S? How are you driving it?
coloneltushfinger
However, the mid bass seemed to be a bit distant.
This may be a characteristic of the speaker since the Simaudio mono blocks have been described as being ballsy with a rich and robust bass. Are you thinking a different amp would solve the mid bass issue, or is there something else you want a different amp to accomplish?

In reference to one of your previous posts, did you find this speaker capable of delivering the dynamic range for electronic music?
09-19-13: Tls49
However, the mid bass seemed to be a bit distant.
This may be a characteristic of the speaker since the Simaudio mono blocks have been described as being ballsy with a rich and robust bass. Are you thinking a different amp would solve the mid bass issue, or is there something else you want a different amp to accomplish?

In reference to one of your previous posts, did you find this speaker capable of delivering the dynamic range for electronic music?

The T+A Criterion TCD 110S = )

I'm not 100% certain, but i don't think it was the amp. I think there was a mid bass dip in the room. It's hard finding info online about the speakers, because everything is in German, however, I'm seeing that they're just a bit finicky about placement and need space to breathe/considerable distance from the listener. Top that off with the fact that we were coming close to overloading the listening room, and i think that's where the mid bass went.

Other than that, best speakers I've ever heard, hands down! They're the winners for me.