Do NOT Blow Your Entire Budget on Two Channel Audio

Yes, two channel audio is here, and is not going away. However, object based audio is delightful, widely available on Tidal and Apple Music, and should be in the listening room of every music lover on the planet, not just "audiophiles. If you plan to be a music fan a year from now start building your object based audio system today. You will need:

1) A receiver/processor capable of Dolby Atmos.

2) A subscription to Tidal or Apple music.

3) A Firestick, ATV, or Nvidia Shield.

4) A minimum of 7 timber matched speakers and a subwoofer.

Once you experienced stereo would you ever go back to only mono? No, you would build a system capable of either mono or stereo. Now that object based audio has arrived do the same thing. Build a system capable of mono, stereo, AND object based audio. When Elton John heard Rocket Man in an object based format for the first time why did he demand to convert his entire catalog to Atmos? If you don’t know, then you need to go listen to Rocket Man in a good Atmos setup ASAP.

So, take your budget, DIVERSIFY, and get a good Atmos capable receiver or processor. Object based audio is NOT last decades surround sound or home theater. It is for MUSIC first, if you need a recommendation on how to allocate your budget feel free to post a question. Most importantly, you don’t NEED two systems, one for music and one for movies. A good object based audio system can play two channel music just fine. A two channel system on the other hand can’t play object based audio without a proper processor or receiver.

Greg Penny talks mixing Rocket Man in Atmos.

https://youtu.be/ggzfcUKDqdo?feature=shared

kota1

@fittebd 

Feed what music??   You can't hear spatial information that is not there. 

What music are you going to listen to? 

The BACCH filters eliminate crosstalk. Great now you can hear a different left/right pan. What other spatial information do you think crosstalk elimination will give you?

@britamerican Please join the PSAudio forum and ask those guys. They do not have special music and I would not call it spacial. It’s filters they control with an iPad.  I don’t own I just read their posts and they love it. Hard core 2 channel people. 

With the BACCH if you read there is no degradation of timbre and the spatialization of the original acoustic trade 0ff of the recording engineer manifest more holographically and clearly in your room with speakers or headphone... There is a special set of psycho-acoustic measures for each listener which made the system personalized for any number of people..

For sure the spatialization is recording dependant and is related to your own acoustic room...

it is not a surround system at all , it is a 3-D system designed first for 2 channels... It is not a gimmick for sound effects it is a new mathematical design to help music perception...

Then any old stereo recording will benefit to some extent ... No need to buy a marginal number of specialized mixed albums for it...

It is a revolution not a gadget...😊

Read the scientific papers of Choueiri... He is a scientist not a marketer...

For me anyone with an already relatively good system can benefit from it in a way any other upgrade will be if not useless throwing his money at the wrong place ...

To understand what it is you must read his science papers and vulgarization...it is not marketing it is acoustic revolution...

@mahgister , I use BACCH in my 2 channel rig. It is definitely a step above purist stereo, but, it is certainly no substitute for a dedicated rig built around object based audio. For one who has not experienced the latter, BACCH can be quite impressive.