Do Mono Block amps provide better sound ??

My question: do monoblock amps, that is, one amp per speaker, provide better sound than one box stereo amp?? I have read that a pair of mono amps provide the best stereo separation, imaging, soundstage depth.... Besides, taking up more floor space or rack space, and the necessity running a longer interconnect if each amp is behind the speaker, is it really worth it?? Thank you Jim
sunnyjim
Good question. I have a pair of Martin Logan Summit X's. I tried a McIntosh MC2255 on them, followed by a Mark Levinson 532h, and then a pair of Sanders Monoblock Magtech amps. I liked the Magtech monoblocks the best. Reading the Sanders site and his white papers, the Magtech was designed for use for electrostatic speakers. 
Ok, scenario:

two systems, same speakers (energy rc-70's)

McCormack DNA-750's upstairs, Yamaha CD player, sanders preamp

basement: carver 600 sig, b&k pro 10 mc (newer looking one), some old Sherwood 6cd changer.

the monos sound better after being on for over 24 hrs,

carver is absolutely no lsouch by by any means. But when it comes to peaks, and drum solos, I feel the carver has a little more oomph to keep the depth and in your face sound right there, the mccormack's are better at detail and decay, hidden vocals, fadout sounds.  They each have their flaws, and extraordinary attributes. 

In the end, and yes I have mix and switched gear all the time. But the upstairs has a 18 foot vaulted ceiling,making it harder for the little rc-70's to fill the room, while basement has absorbing ceiling tiles, about 8.5 feet, so the sound is more vivid in basement than upstairs.  due to the area size. 

Too many variables to say to say what is best. Use your ears to be sure. 

Mono's have been the rich mans audio, for bragging rights. 
Nothing wrongwithanicekiller stereo amp, there are a shite load of them   

Happy hunting
I found cs4410 mono amplifier by accident

130MW output capacitor free stereo class G Headphone Amplifier IC with turn off function

Cs4410 adopts direct drive mode structure, and each channel of cs4410 can provide up to 130 MW drive for 16 Ω load
Essentially yes,  as you will have complete separation left and right channels. 
 Some stereo amps will do better, use judgement and your ears to make your final decision. 
 We went mono long time ago, no comparison for us. 
 To us it just sounds better. With the correct setup. 
 Let your ears do the listening.