do fancy fuses help?

wondering if there is any consensus whether expensive fuses, e.g. hi-fi tuning ceramic, really do help and are worth the money. is it like power cord voodoo (that is, they can make an audible improvement, logic be damned), or is there a theory behind why they might improve things? My amp uses 6 fuses, so a $250 experiment is only "cheap" upgrade by our insane audiophile standards.
128x128lloydc

Showing 3 responses by rodman99999

Replace just the Main power fuse first. That will answer your question. If you can't hear the differences in nuance at that point... Then again: It sounds like you were able to discern the differences with a power cord swap(if I'm reading your post correctly). NO ONE knows what actually happens between electrons and metal crystals at the quantum level: So- OPINIONS BE DAMNED!! What those of us that CAN hear, DO hear, is all that matters.
Tvad- Could you define, "meshuge" for us? Well: You lost me and my Funk and Wagnall's anyway.
AHA!(or, as we say in Hebrew, "ACHA!") If it had been, "meshugenah" I'd have recognized it. The craziness is how many express their opinions without EVER having tried what they're opining about. How empty-headed is that?