DIY TT platform Marble to Wood Changeover

I have a Basis TT without any suspension. It is wall mounted
using a steel bracket which was originally an amp stand. The shelf is white marble and separated from the rack with rubber strips at the 3 contact points.
The TT is isolated using 3 Clearaudio acrylic cone feet sitting on Vibrapods. This works pretty well but everything I read says marble is a no no for this application. My question is this. Does the marble really play into the sound if it is separated by the Vibrapod/cone feet? I would consider changing the shelf out to a birch board or butcher block. If so do I keep the cones and Vibrapods?
128x128blueskiespbd

Showing 2 responses by tom6897

You are wayyyy overthinking the whole thing. Why do so many people on this site not trust there own ears and instincts? Instead they ask many trivial questions that are easily discoverable by using the search funtion or using their own ears and experience.

Nice equipment/room you have on your system page, btw. I have a similar set-up for my turntable,(blk and white marble with custom tip toes) and it sounds great!
I agree that thoughtful consideration of your options are important. Just don't expect to get the answers from others who may have different tastes and systems. I believe in trusting oneself/myself.

Since you have another use for the marble, (not mentioned earlier), I would go ahead and try another material of your choice so that you can satisfy your curiosity as to what differences you may hear. Best of luck to you!