DEVIALET EXPERT 200. OK TO LIFT GROUND?

Hello to all! Just moved overseas where the wall outlets have no ground. Household goods just arrived yesterday after 4 months of transit time. Can't wait to hook up my rig and play music! My question is this: Is it safe to plug in my Expert 200 using an adapter to lift ground? I understand that the Expert is AC adaptable. I moved from the US (110V) to the Philippines (220V). Use of an adapter is inevitable, because all of the 220V AC outlets only have 2 holes! Thank you in advance for your advice.
aisip

The safety ground is not an active circuit.  It should only work if an internal short happens.  The ground then provides a hopefully low path, forces a short and blows a fuse before anyone gets shocked.

This safety feature just won't be working in a country without ground pins.

@erik_squires I started to post the same thing you just posted but then I thought about your report on your luxman that you found circuits hooked to the ground rather than the black wire....

I started to post the same thing you just posted but then I thought about your report on your luxman that you found circuits hooked to the ground rather than the black wire....

Sorry @carlsbad2 but I absolutely did NOT mean to say that. I meant to say neutral and hot were reversed.

Neutral is not ground.

In the US with 1 active wire (hot or line) and another that is normally 0V (neutral but not ground) we prefer to fuse the hot wire when only one fuse is present in the circuit. This means that high voltages are present in the shortest possible path when the fuse has blown. The alternative, fusing neutral, leaves a long from the line through the circuit until it is broken by the fuse. A bad thing.

In fact, oddly, the Luxman also has no ground pin in the inlet,, so impossible to reverse ground with any other conductor from the wall.