Denon DL103R with Shindo Monbrison

Does anybody know if the 103R's 14 ohm DCR is low enough for the Shindo's trannies or not? I have not tried a cart with resistance that high, more like <5 ohms, but would like to try this cheap "giant-killer" cart.
paulfolbrecht

Showing 4 responses by aronsss

I agree that the Shindo and the Denon 103R (w/o the A23) is only a mediocre combination, and while it "works" it is not great.
Truce.
Have a great evening.
I have a denon 103r and the Monbrison. It is a combination that works, but it works much much better with the Auditorium 23 transformer. This combination does turn it into a giant killer.
Paul -

It seems like you probably had your mind made up before you asked the question. Why ask unless you want several people to respond (which would occur over several days)?
Good luck in your search.
I concluded it by the fact that: (1) I was the only one that responded; (2) you only waited one day before coming to a conclusion without any other input by forum members (despite asking for comments) and (3) by being just a bit too definitive in your tone.
Have you seen Jules Coleman's comments? Have you heard the combination? Everyone is entitled to his/her opinion and each person's good faith opinion should be respected. And yes, certainly Jonathan Halpern is a very good resource (I know him and I like him very much).
I am quite frankly confused why you feel the need to insult me with the the gratuitous comment "no offense, but your post wasn't worth the effort it took?" Would you like to comment further?