dCS Verdi full stack compared to scarletti system

Dear All,

My existing source consist of dCS verdi-purcell-verona and Elgar +.
I'm happy with my source but I'm also quite interesting how much improvement performance I can expect upgrading to the new scarletti series.
Is there anyone "out there" already changing out the "verdi" system to "Scarletti" which can tell me what I can expect in matter of "value for money" changing my source to the new model?

I have received an offer for a time ago from my dealer in Norway with a trade in ofmy old gear, but it is still quite a lot of money to be paid, question is then if any person which had a chase to compare these to systems what they was feeling was the noticable difference.

I'm aware that the new dCS system get a superb test in Absolte sound, but this was not a test comparing the "old visa the new one".

Any reccomodation.

Kind regards

Gfe
Norway
gfe

Showing 1 response by team212

Hi,
I've owned the Original DCS stack you have and listened at length to the full Scarletti setup with Audio Consulting Amps(Wonderful better than the ASR's /Dartzeel/etc) into Avalons at CES and can honestly state the sound was a quantum leap over the older DCS --but I agree at a BIG price hike.Would I buy in today's mood-Hmmm- certainly not with the Aust $$ at 40p to Sterling!

Your decision--good Listening,

Des W