DAC for Exposure 2010s+Harbeth compact 7

Wonder if anyone can recommend a DAC for the above setup. Music are mainly classical + some vocal. Right now I'm using my headphone AMP as DAC which has a tube and Solid state output. The problem is that I also needs to use the AMP for my headphone. Music source is Squeezebox Classic.

Thanks
k330

Showing 2 responses by k330

thanks very much for suggestion, Meiwan. Did a google on EE minimax. It's actually similar to the headamp I'm using in the aspect that it has both tube and SS output, which I like. Will do a bit more research.
Thanks, Roscoeiii. I'm a beginner but I tried to answer. Budget wise would like to stay under 1k, feature wise I just need SPDIF interface since I'm feeding the DAC with Squeezebox. When I read reviews on Calyx, it talks about better quality of USB with high sampling rate compared to SPDIF but in my case I only need SPDIF since I do not intend to replace squeezebox with something else with USB interface.

Music wise I listen to a lot of piano work, sonata, concerto, etc., but also like large scale symphony work.

Thanks for any other suggestions.