Cover songs that are better than the originals.

There is an active thread about terrible cover songs so I thought I'd start one about cover songs that are better than or have completely eclipsed the originals. I'll start:

Randy Newman wrote Momma Told Me Not to Come for Eric Burdon who recored it with the Animals and Newman recorded it too. I have the Newman version and like it but Three Dog Night really seem to capture the mood of the song best in my opinion.
n80
I like watching Ike and Tina Turner doing Proud Mary but I prefer listening to CCR. 
"Ain't no Sunshine" on the album Midnight Run by Bobby Bland. I have the Guy-Chapman and Bill Withers versions and like them as well. However IMO Bobby's version puts them to shame. Whole album is a stellar recording.
Hard to believe that Sinead O'Conner (or anyone) topped Prince, but she did on "Nothing Compares to You." He recorded that song as if he didn't think it was anything that special, but she poured her soul into it. How about the Who's version of "Young Man Blues"? If you haven't, check out the original by Mose Allison. OMG, never heard a jazz throwaway turned into a rock masterpiece.