Cornwall IV vs. Volti Rival, Razz; Razz v. 1, 2, 3 -- what changed?

Looking for efficient speakers. I had the opportunity to listen to a Cornwall IV yesterday. It was run on nice tubes (Primaluna 400 EL34s) with a bluesound node streamer/dac.

QUESTION: I'm curious if anyone has compared CW IV with Volti Rival of Razz. Thoughts?

QUESTION 2: Anyone know what changed in the Volti Razz when it moved from v. 2 to v. 3?

Thanks

128x128hilde45

Silverfox,

Home theater bypass is very easy. You can send the left and right pre-outs from your receiver/processor to any analogue input on your two channel pre-amp. Just set the volume knob at a consistent place when using it for movies. If you preamp has a HT bypass use that setting as it will set a utility gain on the preamp.

the other option is to just wire in a switch like the one linked below. You can of course buy higher end switches.

https://www.amazon.com/Nobsound-Balanced-Converter-Audio-Selector/dp/B07D7P7366

Thanks James, probably just leaving it the way it is..darn can’t get my system pics to load on the virtual Audiogon page…pissing me off lol..the my gear loads…

‘Just played a hard song and it sounded sweet way up there…Keep Moving by Bronson….very intense….

@silverfoxvtx1800 

If you need help with your Virtual System, just send an email to [email protected] 

@silverfoxvtx1800

Most new audio components need a break-in period.

I also gave Greg a hard time when he raised his prices on the Rival which I was targeting even though I knew that Covid related supply problems caused increasing cost for many high-end audio manufacturers. Shortly after, I found and purchased a used mint Rival in my favorite wood veneer and I apologized to Greg.

I need to apologize to him too…I must of sent 50 emails with questions and comments..it’s a little scary sending that much money into the unknown speaker world…but after 3 days of playing all kinds of music…and the cabinet finishes…checking them out every inch of them…even down to the grills..I see where he put his heart and soul into them..this is one sweet speaker something I will finish my days out with…he burns them in for 100 hrs before shipping..they sound great right out of the box..turning 71 July 1st…my ears and body is still holding up but that can change any minute…eating healthy, exercising the wife lol…it’s a beautiful life..