Cornwall IV vs. Volti Rival, Razz; Razz v. 1, 2, 3 -- what changed?

Looking for efficient speakers. I had the opportunity to listen to a Cornwall IV yesterday. It was run on nice tubes (Primaluna 400 EL34s) with a bluesound node streamer/dac.

QUESTION: I'm curious if anyone has compared CW IV with Volti Rival of Razz. Thoughts?

QUESTION 2: Anyone know what changed in the Volti Razz when it moved from v. 2 to v. 3?

Thanks

128x128hilde45

@silverfoxvtx1800 Great to have these impressions. Obviously, you're still in the honeymoon phases, but so interesting to learn. To think you almost didn't keep these!

Be interested to revisit this thread now and again, especially if you keep posting. 

Hello hilde45

Poor Greg the owner of Volti audio and the builder of the Razz, I was all hung up on weird stuff…and really gave him a bad time, that is one mellow guy..after a couple days the honeymoon phase is over..These speakers are awesome, I have run every kind of music through them and everything sounds amazing…if my wife sits here all day and night with me that tells me something..

‘Getting up this morning, they look so good..if anyone is considering these speakers go for it..

‘I just played the song Adrift by Vok the ladies voice shows you how good the midrange horn is with female vocals….enchanting to the max…I didn’t want the song to end…

Silverfox,

Home theater bypass is very easy. You can send the left and right pre-outs from your receiver/processor to any analogue input on your two channel pre-amp. Just set the volume knob at a consistent place when using it for movies. If you preamp has a HT bypass use that setting as it will set a utility gain on the preamp.

the other option is to just wire in a switch like the one linked below. You can of course buy higher end switches.

https://www.amazon.com/Nobsound-Balanced-Converter-Audio-Selector/dp/B07D7P7366

Thanks James, probably just leaving it the way it is..darn can’t get my system pics to load on the virtual Audiogon page…pissing me off lol..the my gear loads…

‘Just played a hard song and it sounded sweet way up there…Keep Moving by Bronson….very intense….

@silverfoxvtx1800 

If you need help with your Virtual System, just send an email to [email protected]