Contact -enhancer, fuses - NOS 1260 High fidelity audio cables

My friend bought a  bit what seems a bit pricy, but I split the cost ,and without question this very special blend is far more powerful then I thought ,I expected a small change but just letting it play for several days a profound improvement, I took two pair of wire wire eclipse cables one treated one not , , as well as fuses 
and then removed , my brother changed them not mentioning which ones ,only 1 sets time needed for integrated amp 
a sizable increase in resolution and image depth , soundstage too was wider as well as deeper .I 
waited a couple hours in between , the fuses synergistic orange , they too were very much improved .
I am going to let them seat  in another 100 Hours at least .I still have not done the power cord, or speaker cables yet . I am very impressed. I was very much a skeptic, since I already have been using 
stabilant 22 which I thought was respectable increase in fidelity . Before making any type of opinion 
it’s well worth trying ,I was told in a week they are coming out with 1/2 size bottles for $349 which will do several audio systems, a light application goes a long way and IMO a noticeable increase in fidelity 
for minimal cost.
128x128audioman58

Showing 23 responses by ozzy

Thanks cimanera, 68pete.
Did you do your whole system at once or in stages?

ozzy
Ok thanks it sounds like it can be removed easily.
What I am concerned though is the lessening of upper frequencies that some have reported with this product. Have any experienced this?

ozzy

I tried to get these answers from High Fidelity on this product to no avail.

So if anyone can answer these questions, I would appreciate it.

1. When it is applied, do you have to let it dry before inserting it?

2. What happens if you disconnect the connector, is it scrapped off and need to be reapplied.?

3. After a period of time does it need to be removed and reapplied?

4. Does the balance unused go stale? In other words is there a shelve life?

5. Is it a paste or a liquid?

ozzy

Here is the reply I received today from Hi Fidelity

"No it does not dry its liquid form only and replications are really at your discretion and really only of you remove and insert a new different cable or repeatedly remove a cable for some reason. The material is mostly nano based so it should stay quite well and not need a reapplication if just unplugging and plugging back in. That said some people choose to reapply anyway I often do myself. BTW it does go a long way so reapplication is not an issue as far as expense reapplications are relatively inexpensive (material used minimal) they seam beneficial and easy to do so I do it myself even if I lily don’t have to. Does that help?"

ozzy

Yes, that is as he replied to me. Sometimes phones and messaging gets away, I understand his intent. Heck, I think I may have screwed up a post or two...

I am still not sure about shelve life on any unused portion. And, if it turns bad in time after it is applied like some of the other pastes did.

ozzy
 A new reply from Rick on my query.

"shelf life is about 20 years, after that it could discolor a little bit as the polymers can fog but still work as well I am told by the chemists and there is a possibility of separation of the nano materials in any product like this that might require for you to shake or mix it after storage for a longer period of time."

So it sounds like he is pretty confident in the product, I may have try some.

ozzy
I have tried the Mad Scientist enhancer, and was not impressed. I also tried the original Contact enhancer and then the TPC and again not impressed. I actually had arching on my breaker where I applied the TPC.

At this point, I am really on the fence about trying more goop. It can be a pain cleaning it off and then there is the cost...
I really like keeping the connectors clean. However, I do use Stabilant 22.

ozzy
Ok, once again I took one for the team and ordered a bottle.
With this stuff, I will be very cautious and frugal.

So willgolf, are you gonna paste your whole system or do one cable at a time?

ozzy
Quick question:
After applying the stuff do you wait until it dries before insertion?

ozzy
Hopefully I will get mine delivered tomorrow . Unfortunately, I have a colonoscopy also scheduled. Seems like there is a joke somewhere...

ozzy
So, I received and just applied some of the enhancer to my speaker spades, XLR interconnects only at the end points. So far, I don't hear the great suck out I was expecting, sounds quite good actually. So we shall see how it progresses.

ozzy
antigrung2,
Thank you for your suggestion. I can move the amps back perhaps a foot more. Can’t move the speakers forward however.

68pete,
Does the time for the substance to "breakin" based on just time or does music need to be playing?

ozzy
First impression: there does seem to be a better more relaxed sound. And yet, there is a better (refined) upper frequency with better articulation.

Not hearing anything negative with my first few applications, actually it sounded pretty good.

Based on this, I just finished coating all the power, interconnects, speaker cables and a couple of fuses for my amps.

So, I’ll see what more time does to the sound.

ozzy
Posted on the other thread.

"Pauly,
I don’t doubt that contact enhancers like NPS-1260 can and do work, but I do wish they’d tone down the marketing baloney.

There is no "nanotechnology" at work here. They developed (or more than likely, "borrowed" what somebody else developed) a medium that suspends graphite, which greatly increases the contact area of electrical connections it is applied to.

More than likely NPS-1260 is used in some other area of electronics under another brand name and available for a fraction of the cost."

Pauly, rh67,
I also have used Stabilant 22 for years. Connections coated with it still shows no corrosion.

The best I can answer is the proof is in the sound. Does it improve the sound quality? At this point for me it does. $599 for a bottle is pretty steep but compared to fuses, cables, footers etc. it is pretty remarkable and worth it to me.
I just hope it works long term without mucking up and I am not sure how to store the unused portion.

ozzy

facten,
I have used Nano liquid and it works well, but this enhancer is better than that.

millercarbon,
Thanks for you offer but I will probably use the unused portion on something valuable, once I think of it.

ozzy
I have completed applying the 1260 to most of my connections.
I must say that there is definitely a nice improvement. The darkness and quietness between notes is amazing. I can hear deeper into recordings. Backing vocals are clearer and better defined.

Listening to "Witchy Woman" by the Eagles has revealed to me some eerily deep background vocals that I have not really noticed nor felt it so strong before.

The cost originally did seem high, but compared to other upgrades it is worth it. And I still have a lot of product left!

ozzy
Well I bought the full bottle.
On my audio system, I only have one interconnect, 4 speaker cables. 3 Niagara power conditioners and about a 6 power cords. I applied it to both ends in most cases.
I just applied it to my home theater power cords, and I still have 3/4+ of it left!

I doubt that I will ever apply it to my tube pins, but I’m still going to tackle the breaker box yet!

ozzy
millercarbon,
I had the PPT paste and was not impressed as you and many have been.
To me, it seemed to darken the high frequencies. That was my concern about the 1260.
But, I was surprised and relived that this product did not. In fact the highs seem to be clearer and shimmer more. The formulas may be slightly similar but the outcome is different.

ozzy
Stabilant 22 is really good for keeping cables from corroding. I have used it extensively. Really great for lawn equipment. i.e. batteries etc. But the 1260 greatly improves audio sound quality.

ozzy