Comparison Cary 306, Wadia 581, EMM Labs CDSA

Hi all,

it's time to get a new (used) CD / SACD player and I reduced the possibilities to the following 3 candidates:
Cary SACD 306 (PRO)
Wadia 581 (SE)
EMM Labs CDSA (SE)
(Volume control and/or digital inputs NOT a requirement but SACD playback a MUST)
Had anyone the possibility to compare these players? I think they are (used) in more or less the same price range and I've not the possibility to listen to all of them so I am really curious and can't wait to hear your opinions.
Listen a lot to (female) voices (Jazz, Rock, Singer/Songwriter), Classic and also Rock and Electronic.

Thanks a lot
Peter
bauerp

Showing 2 responses by cappuccino

I have received my Accuphase DP-700 and it has outperformed my previos player, a Cary 306 SACD (not the latest Pro version), so it is almost embarrassing... The DP-700 cost twice as much, but I think it is worth it. It is much better than the Cary. The Cary is also very resolved, but with the Accuphase the music is now flowing. The word that comes to mind to best describe the DP-700 is "organic".
Amfibius,
my Accuphase DP-700 is quite new and not burned in yet. Out of the box it is sounding amazing so I don't know what it really is capable of yet. But I wouldn't worry about dynamics and PRaT for this player. It seems to be there, nothing less than the Cary player, but only much more refined and musical.

I have recently ordered the latest Burmester 069 reference player, so I guess over time I will use the DP-700 for SACD only.