Clear Audio Concept Wood / Satisfy Carbon Tone Arm w/Concept MC (replacement cartridge?)

I have a Clear Audio Concept Wood turntable with Satisfy Carbon Tone Arm that originally came with a Concept MC cartridge. During a move the Concept MC cartridge was damaged - the arm was bumped out of the mount and the cartridge ran across the table - ripping the stylus out of the cartridge.

In searching for a replacement cartridge I ran across a brand new Goldring Elite MC cartridge for sale at a very reasonable price, by a highly rated seller, on Audiomart.

Any thoughts on the Goldring Elite cartridge? and compatibility with the Satisfy Carbon Tone Arm?

My phono pre-amp is a Parasound Zphono XRM that is feeding my Kinki Studios Ex-M1 plus integrated amp.

josephp732

Showing 1 response by josephp732

I was looking at the Hana SL. What differences did you notice? I generally liked Concept MC for my main listening tastes of jazz & vocals. The new Goldring Elite that is available is being sold for ~$400 (normally $1,200). It has some good reviews but it seems to be a bit finicky and you really need to play with loading up the cartridge to get it dialed in. In the past had a Goldring Eroica LX in a Music Hall TT and also generally like the sound signature.